Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spring and Change

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I started substitute teaching and have been pretty busy. So, I just have to say first that I love spring! It is one of my favorite times of the year because everything is blooming and smells yummy and looks pretty. It is not hot enough yet to complain about how hot it is:). And butterflies are the best! So it was fitting that Elle's kindergarten class got to buy caterpillars and watch them grow and change into butterflies. Each kid brought in $3 and that bought them their very own caterpillar in a cup. In conjunction with learning about the butterfly life cycle in class, they got to watch their caterpillar grow and change into a chrysalis and then into a butterfly. Elle and Reese LOVED watching this, and I have to say we did too. Each day we would come home and look at what the caterpillar was doing. After the whole class had butterflies, the kids took them to school and released them all together. So here is Elle's finished product (i forgot to take a picture of the caterpillar and the release. DUH, Rachel!!).

No comments: