Monday, January 11, 2010

Decorating the Tree

Okay, everybody, I am so sorry but it has been awhile since I have done this. So, just to forewarn there will be a slew of posts coming in the next day or so. I am finally getting things settled down after the holidays and our trip to Utah. So here goes... Decorating the tree was interesting this year. Ryan had to work the day after Thanksgiving, which is when we always put our tree up. So we waited and waited because he was supposed to be home by around 10 am. Well he got stuck and the kids were buggin' to decorate. So, being the wonderfully nice mom that I am I crawled into the crawl space and got the huge carton of decorations and the very large christmas tree box out by myself. SO by that time I was already sweating and tired. Next was the actual assembly of the tree, that was fun in and of itself, if you remember that we have quite a tall tree and I am not quite a tall person. All went well and then we came to the lights, which Ryan normally does because I am not tall enough. To make a long story short, I almost broke my whole body trying to get the lights up (standing on the window sill, etc...) but we did it and it actually looked pretty good. So here are the kids in their glory putting ornaments on the tree. I love putting ornaments up with them becuase it is so cute to see their faces light up with each one. They especially love the ones that are from their first Christmases and that they have made.

No comments: